Braun stahl pipe tec – Insulation Flanges and Insulation Kits are used for the electrical isolation of two steel flanges.
Standardized and specialized designs are available, following some features:
- for the installation into steel pipelines in stainless steel, carbon steel and copper
- for the electrical isolation from one pipe-flange side to the other pipe-flange side
- for installation within a cathodic protected pipeline system or for the galvanic isolation of different pipe materials
- The Insulation Flange kits need demounting of the insulation parts on site before welding the flange to the pipeline and need mounting of the insulation parts on site
- axial force-locked joint design
- available for pressure ratings up to ANSI Class 2500
- available for Diameters – from 1″ up to 80″ (25 mm to 2000 mm)
- available for temperatures from -50°C up to 200°C, the standard design is from -10°C to +50°C.
- Designs and selection of materials available for services: gas, potable water, sewage waters, salt water, oil, sour gas, kerosine, petrol, propane, butane, ethylene, nitrogen,and more
- Sealing systems available with non-aging O-ring seals, flat seals or others
- electrical isolation with thermosetting resins – plastics
- Designs available for the installation overground and indoors, in potentially explosive atmospheres – ATEX zone 1 (DGRL 94/9/EC) with external mounted and approved Explosion spark gap acc. to EN 60079-0, EN60079-1, EN 60079-31 for ATEX zone 1 atmospheres, the spark gap is remouvable.
- electrical resistance up to 200 MegaOhms measured at 500 Volts DC or 1000 Volts DC.
- electrical high voltage strength test up to 5000 Volts (AC 50 Hz)
Steel materials acc. to EN, ASTM, API, ASME and other international standards with inspection certification acc. to EN10204-3.1 or EN10204-3.2.
Inspection and tests acc. to Pressure Equipment directive PED 97/23, TRFL (german technical rules for transmission pipelines), EN1594, DIN 2470 Teil1, ASME Code, API, ASTM, NEN 3650-2:2012 (Eisen voor buisleidingsystemen), AD2000 (German pressure vessel code) and other international standards and as per requirements of the project.
Tests and Inspections:
electrical resistance tests, electrical high voltage strength tests, and others on request.